Page last reviewed: 24 July 2018
- Loan calculator – compare 9 companies in Alaska;
- Legal information – consumer rights and obligations of lenders;
- Payday loan help – what to do if you are in trouble;
- Cities – detailed review of payday lenders in biggest cities in Alaska;
Payday loans calculator
Important features of Alaska payday lending laws:
- The maximum loan amount is $500.
- The minimum duration is 14 days.
- Lender may only charge two fees: (1) a nonrefundable origination fee in an amount not to exceed $5; and (2) a fee that does not exceed $15 for each $100 of an advance, or 15 percent of the total amount of the advance, whichever is less.
- You may rescind the payday loan without cost, except for the nonrefundable origination fee, if you return the loan amount by the end of the next business day after you obtain the loan.
- A loan can be renewed for no more than two consecutive times. The same minimum duration and maximum fees restrictions apply.
- The lender may not threaten borrower with criminal action as a result of the borrower’s default.
Summary of consumer rights could be found here.
Payday loan help
If you need help or suspect violations of the law, please contact the Consumer Protection Unit.
Also you can visit the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) or call Toll-Free 1-800-388-2227 for assistance with credit problems and creditors.
For detailed review of payday lenders in each city, please click the link: