Page last reviewed: 25 Jan 2019
- Loan calculator – compare 8 companies in Illinois;
- Legal information – consumer rights and obligations of lenders;
- Payday loan help – what to do if you are in trouble;
- Cities – detailed review of payday lenders in biggest cities in Illinois;
Payday loans calculator
Important features of Illinois payday lending laws:
- The maximum amount of check a lender can hold from one borrower is $1000. As a result the maximum loan amount is $864.
- The loan term can not be less than 13 days or exceed 120 days.
- The finance charge shall not exceed $15.50 per $100 of loan.
Summary of regulations could be found here.
Payday loan help
If you need help visit the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) or call Toll-Free 1-800-388-2227 for assistance with credit problems and creditors.
For detailed review of payday lenders in each city, please click the link: