Page last reviewed: 14 Nov 2018
- Loan calculator – compare 5 companies in Iowa;
- Legal information – consumer rights and obligations of lenders;
- Payday loan help – what to do if you are in trouble;
- Cities – detailed review of payday lenders in biggest cities in Iowa;
Payday loans calculator
Important features of Iowa payday lending laws:
- The maximum amount of check a lender can hold from one borrower is $500. As a result the maximum loan amount is $445.
- The loan term can not exceed 31 days.
- The finance charge shall not exceed $15 for the first $100 of face amount of a check and more than 10 percent for bigger amounts.
Summary of regulations could be found here.
Payday loan help
If you need help visit the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) or call Toll-Free 1-800-388-2227 for assistance with credit problems and creditors.
For detailed review of payday lenders in each city, please click the link:
Payday loans review in Iowa